Being a Correctional Peace Officer (CPO) is a great career choice.
CPOs play an important role in providing care, custody and control of adult and young offenders. The hard work of the men and women who choose to work for our ministry ensure that Albertans have safe and secure communities in which to live, work and raise their families.
What’s in it for you
Many people from across Canada and around the world choose to live and work in Alberta each year. Alberta’s stable economy and innovative business spirit make it an ideal place to work.
As a CPO, you get:
- a pension, excellent benefits and job security
- province-wide career opportunities
- a rewarding, challenging and dynamic work environment
- to be part of a team with a high level of professionalism
- paid training opportunities
- promotion opportunities, and
- a chance to help people become contributing members of society